Sunday, July 25, 2010

beachy keen

So we went to the beach this morning but dammit there were already a lot of people at 8:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning, so the poor G-dawg had to stay with A and watch me from the seawall as I had a quick dip. (Yes, I chickened out from breaking the no dogs rule, despite the bravado of my last post!)



She seemed very curious and likely would've been very excited to get near the water but the waves were kind of big so I'm not sure she would've gone in very far. The water was nice and warm though and it made me wish we had/could go to the beach more often. Alain and I might take the bus there (we walk enough as it is!) this evening and have a swim when the sun is almost set and the hordes have gone off to start thinking about dinner.




Speaking of food, lunch time is thankfully almost here. Breakfast was a long time ago and the walking works up an appetite. As you can see, Alain even had a snack this morning on our way back from the beach. I held out for my own home made oatmeal-banana pancake!


4 comments:

  1. I went to the beaches in Santander when I was in Spain and they were amaaazing!

    Also, what is Alain eating? Looks like...bread...with salt? *confused*

    Talking about Spain and snacks just gave me a monster craving for CHURROS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Jacelyn! How're your feet? Feeling cool-ish or are you psyched? One week, right? Yeeeee!!!!!!

    Ah the beach, i'm sweating right now and wish I were back there but gotta take the mutt out again now...

    Alain is eating dry toasted (crappy Spanish) baguette that he has drizzled with oil & yes, salted. A typical breakfast for those who are too lazy to stand in the long line-up at the churro stand!

    If I don't e you before, have a SUPER FABULOUSLY GORGEOUS matrimonial experience!

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee - my feet are actually kind of orange right now! I'm trying to even out my sandal tan lines and tank top tan lines before the big day, so I'm using that lotion with tanning stuff in it. Let's hope I don't look like an oompa loompa come Sunday!

    Mmmmmm...love the beach! We're lucky we live about a 20-minute bike ride to Petrie Island, so we can have beach time whenever we want!

    I don't think I've ever heard of the oil and salt combo for breakfast - although I think we have some baguette chips like that that we use when we make French onion soup, and they're delish!

    Thanks for the sweet wedding wishes - I'll let you know when stuff is up on Flickr! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad for G dog that you chickened out - damn the rules I say and let the dog take a dip! out! Great pics of her on the beach! Mmm, I agree, toast with salt, strange!
    lov, Edie

    ReplyDelete