Tuesday, July 13, 2010

presto chango & bunnies

I don't know about you, but I am ergo-sensitive. Maybe because of my migraine condition, the muscles in my shoulders & neck can seize up and cause headache & irritability. So, as I've mentioned, finding a computer workspace here in the padres house had been a challenge.

The MiniMac on top of the dresser is okay as I can stand there (doing yoga poses) or perch on my new secondhand stool (which ended up costing 5 euros and is really sturdy with a solid wood seat & nice folding metal frame/legs). But today, in my search for comfort, I have hit upon a hopeful alternative. I put the laptop onto my stool and pulled it over to the bed. This way I can sit in a loose lotus (aka Indian-style) on the bed and my arms on the keyboard are at 45 degrees. Bye-bye stiff neck?

Boy that's a pretty dull thing to post about. Sorry...

How about Grace? Everyone loves to hear about her! This morning I took her for the morning walk alone, because A took his mom to her medical appointment. I didn't know which way to go because frankly, we still haven't found many pleasant spots. So, coming to one roundpoint that is just past the neglected mostly unkempt, dry and dusty municipal gardens, I let her pick the direction.

I thought she'd head in one particular direction we've walked several times, which takes us past a big empty lot/field where she got loose one day last week when she had a "FRAP" (frenetic activity period). Alain wasn't with me that time either and boy, I was a bit scared at what she would do/to where she would zoom off (she's had fraps outside before but never gotten loose). But it turned out fine as she just ran through the brush at top speed in one huge circle and then came back to me. Luckily she'd worn herself out frapping as I struggled to hold the leash before she got out of her collar!

But nope, she picked a new direction that turned out to be quite interesting and is one we will definitely explore further as it involves big old houses, open fields and scrubby hills, which A & I find interesting/relaxing (photos to come). And dear G is certain to be very pleased to return, as her nose probably led us there for one particular very interesting-to-her reason: there're bunnies in them there hills! I saw one hop off a street into a field (she didn't though, thankfully!) and then droppings all over the place in another field.

Not that we should encourage any hunting instinct in our already wilder-than-your-average-domesticated mutt...

3 comments:

  1. hey C, how exciting for the G-dog that there's a bunch of bunnies for her to chase! HAHA!

    xoxo
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't laugh at the poor G... she still hasn't even seen one yet, she's gotta content herself with sniffing the droppings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. man i swear G is loveing live in spain more than in japan. this is the impression i am getting from the pics :D How are YOU????? migraine better??? how is A's mom???????? i think about all of you lots. miss you tons as always!
    i will re-install skype on my compt so we can talk again!!!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete