Thursday, August 26, 2010

too many things

So yes, it's been a long while. Not that anybody seems to have noticed! Though I do owe many e-mails so maybe people are ticked off...

If I had spare energy, I could have been posting daily about silly little things that flit through my mind as I'm exploring my new hood -- like these crazy cool humming bird-like moths that I see flitting around some flowering bushes at a nearby small park, or how i'm eating gazpacho every chance i get (absolutely LUV the stuff) but prefer Alain's to any restaurant so far, though he hasn't made any since we were in San Juan because our homelife routine is still  too out of whack to actually do stuff like that since we've had visitors non-stop of late, plus we received our shipment just over a week ago and have our heads in boxes at every opportunity.

But sorry, I lay off the long stream-of-overloaded-consciousness sentences... The other thing I could talk about is G's separation anxiety (after getting locked in that back bedroom and damaging the door, she had another episode where she damaged the also-antique front door) was just starting to get better last weekend to the point where I was able to go out without her on both Saturday & Sunday to no material detriment. But then... dunh-dunh-dunh, renovations began next door and the hammering & knocking sounds to her like it's coming from our living room so she's spent the last few mornings wandering about anxiously, howling and barking at nothing. While meanwhile, I'm trying to work (work is very busy too, e-commuting or not)!

Oh and I really wanted to write about the other night's first Real Madrid (soccer for the clueless) game and how our neighbourhood was somewhat of a zoo from 5 p.m. until midnight or so, because... get this folks: the stadium is half a block from our house!

Or, I could talk about our continuing quests: for good organic vegetables (we're having second thoughts about the farmer we got baskets from the past two weeks and SO miss our Konohana Family Farm), good bread (I failed at my recent first attempt to make my own), and good parks for the G.

When it cools off a bit , or one morning (it's nice & cool before noon but then heats up and stays hot through into the night) this weekend maybe, I'd like to check the one pictured here on the map. It's a bit far (probably take us around 1/2 an hour each way) but looks bigger and better than anything else we've found so far.

And while it has been really nice seeing A's family (his brother & nieces and then cousin & second cousin), it will be good to have a quiet weekend and finally finish unpacking! Oh and catch up on my e-mail too...

4 comments:

  1. I've noticed, I've noticed! I check your blog every day! :)

    Eeee, futbol! I want to come see a game!

    Jorge Garcia (who played Hurley on LOST) wrote some good posts about his bread-making experiences: http://dispatchesfromtheisland.blogspot.com/search/label/bread

    Good luck catching up and settling in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my beautiful new-bride friend. You MUST come next soccer season, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey C, let's talk today. Tell me what time would be good for you - k?

    XOXO
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a date! (Errr, if we're out of the hole by then - when's next season?) I will remain cautiously optimistic!

    ReplyDelete