Friday, February 25, 2011

white soup and sunshine

So Little-Ms-Homemade-from-Organic-Ingredients has a confession to make: I'm craving a Tetra-pac carton of non-organic soup that I (don't-know-what-possessed-me) bought a couple of weeks ago.

And get this: it's white and you eat it cold!

I was at a grocery store we rarely go to, a) because we rarely shop at grocery stores, ordering instead from a small organic shop whose owners deliver our purchases for free as their kid goes to school in our 'hood, and b) it's a pretty expensive, fancy one. I think I was there to buy meat for Grace, since I hadn't had a chance to go to the market that weekend.

Anyway, sorry, hunger is making me digress. It's lunch time, hence my dreaming of the White Garlic Gazpacho... Which was, by the way, though not organic, All Natural! The ingredients for which go something like this: Water +/-67%, almonds, breadcrumbs, garlic. I know this sounds strange, which I think is why I decided to buy it, but mmm-mmm-mmm, it is awesome.

But hey, in googling a recipe for it just now, I see that it usually has grapes in it too. Don't recall that ingredient. So I'm going to have to try making it one day soon as we seem to be into gazpacho weather of late (it's 15C and sunny as ever right now).

Meanwhile... maybe, instead of first eating here at my desk as I work (which'd have to be beet/feta salad for the 3rd meal in a row) like I normally do and then using my lunch break to walk the G, we'll jot out now and swing by a certain store!

6 comments:

  1. I wish gazpacho had never been described to me as "cold soup" - I have such a hard time wrapping my head around that concept!

    Best gazpacho I have ever had was at Village Tart (http://villagetart.com/) last summer - it was watermelon gazpacho, made with tomato, onion, cucumber, garlic and Greek yogurt. Yum! :9

    Oh, and as a kid I had a strawberry soup you had to serve cold, but it was more like a dessert - so so good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ - Ooh, NYC gazpacho, hunh?! LOL But I don't get it, was there watermelon in the watermelon gazpach or do they call it that cuz it turns out watermelony coloured? Anyway, Greek yog's good in anything so I'd def eat that! And strawbs? Anytime, any place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so it's completely off topic...but guuurl, I think I've seen that red bicycle somewhere before? :))

    (guess who!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, who's recognizing my hot bike, I wonder? Nobody believed I would do it but I did as I'm a firm believer in Recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss your posts - what's going on with our favorita Carolita? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi JJ. Thanks for your note. The last couple of months were busy (I had an intense contract) and sad/disturbing (the Japan disasters) and then I had a visitor for a couple of weeks who just left on Sunday. I've been meaning to blog because I've travelled a bit lately and have some nice photos. I will force my lazy self to get to it this week.

    Hope you, the T-man and your wee furry ones are all well.

    Ja ne.

    ReplyDelete